When playing golf at Gatley the following dress and equipment rules apply.
Visitors who do not comply will be asked to leave the course and will not have their fees refunded.
Every player MUST have their own set of golf clubs. Sharing of golf equipment is strictly prohibited.
The Board of Directors have relaxed the rules to allow ‘smart casual’ in the clubhouse and terrace with ‘appropriate golfing attire’ to be worn on the golf course. ‘Smart casual’ permits the wearing of smart jeans and training shoes.
The staff on duty, the club’s professional and Directors of the club will govern the interpretation of ‘smart casual’ and please respect their decision if you are approached.
On the Course
The following is for your guidance:
- Shirts – roll neck, with a collar, or turtle neck to be tucked in to trousers/shorts. Ladies’ golf shirts may be worn as designed.
- Trousers – tailored or plus twos or plus fours. Socks should not be tucked into trousers.
- Men’s Shorts – to be tailored and worn with knee length socks pulled up or short predominantly white socks. No draw string or elasticated waistbands,
- No outside pockets of any description, Shorts should be worn to the knee or just above.
- Ladies‘ Shorts or Capri Trousers – to be tailored and worn with ankle socks.
- Headgear – to be worn correctly i.e. peaks facing forward.
- Golf Shoes – recognised golf shoes designed and made for the purpose may be worn.
- DENIM in any form is prohibited on the course
In the Clubhouse and Lounge and Dining Room
Smart Casual attire must be worn at all times in and around the Clubhouse.
- Headgear – All headgear to be removed.
- Smoking – is not allowed in the clubhouse/Lounge this includes e-cigarettes.
- Shirts – Shirts must always be worn tucked into trousers or shorts, with the exception of straight cut shirts designed to be worn outside trousers.
- Shirts may also be worn outside of trousers/Shorts on the Patio only.
- Clothing Attire – The wearing of Golf clothing is allowed BUT NOT wet or muddy.
- Tailored Shorts – Tailored Shorts are allowed in the Lounge at any time.
- Golf Shoes – No Golf shoes allowed in the Lounge/Dining room, that’s all golf shoes Pimples and soft spikes.
- Sandals or Shoes – Shoes/Sandals are ok with NO socks. Also Flip Flops are not allowed.
- Waterproofs – Waterproofs are not allowed in the lounge.
- Hoodies – Not to be worn in or around the club house